Short piece about empowerment and owning your own space.
- Gospel-type round / groove. A 6-bar round sung forcefully and with attitude.
- Good for marches, large and small groups and lends itself to instrumentation with as much improvised percussion and hand drumming as you like.
UNLIMITED Song License - I Know my Mind
Unlimited: You are licenced to teach, sing, perform, record with a group or groups of any number of people.
- Double-up soprano, alto, tenor and bass parts if wished.
- From bar 18, an 8-bar groove can be built up starting with the bass part, then soprano 2 and alto 2 to establish a groove.
- Soprano 1 and tenor have alternative tune in uinson, sung staccato. I like to do a small vocal flick on the 'I'.
- Alto 1 brings the tune back in, but note this is a 6 bar melody so watch the entrance points. The group could be further broken down into a round again if you wish.
- Further improvised solos can be woven in or come to the fore as parts drop out.